SAFETY FIRST, SAFETY NOW, SAFETY ALWAYS
Carefully read and follow the below safety warnings and
instructions prior to engaging in work with equipment.
• Always follow equipment manufacturer’s recommendations for safety and maintenance.
• Always wear personal protection equipment, including: steel toed boots, work gloves,
safety glasses and hard hat. Be familiar with the safety requirements of your work site.
• Always wear hearing protection when the work environment includes noise levels at or
above 85 dBA. Dual hearing may be required when percussion drills are operating.
• Never operate equipment while under the inﬂ uence of drugs, alcohol, medication or
• Stand clear of all moving and rotating equipment parts. Never wear loose articles of
clothing around moving equipment parts.
• Be cautious of other equipment operating around you.
• Always maintain a clean working area.
• Avoid extremely hazardous working conditions.
• Refrain from having unnecessary visitors to your work area. Ensure any visitors are
dressed properly for the working conditions they are entering.
• Always use and keep machine safety guards intact and in working order.
• Employ trained and experienced service mechanics to maintain and repair equipment.
• Always follow all local and federal health and safety regulations.
• Prior to moving equipment or operating equipment controls, always be sure of what
function they perform. Always know where other persons are prior to moving equipment.
• Never customize or alter the drill or drill string components. Failure to follow this will
void any warranties and could cause premature failure to the tool or physical hazards to
• Prior to lifting tools with hoists, make sure that all rope and/or slings are free to move
without getting tangled.