• The wiper insert is designed with a wiper edge that is situated where the straight edge meets the corner radius.
• In comparison to conventional breakers, the surface finish does not deteriorate even if the feed rate is doubled.
• Machining at high feed rates improves cutting efficiency.
• Improving Surface Finish
• Improving Efficiency
• Increased Tool Life
• Improving Chip Control
The effects of wiper inserts on external machining, boring and facing.
* The surface roughness when machining at corner R or taper angle over 5°, is the same as machining with standard inserts.
A standard holders can be used.
(* A double clamp, high rigidity tool is recommended.)
Conventional machining programmes can be used.
(The CNMG , WNMG , CCMT types are based on the ISO/ANSI.)
Use a holder with end cutting angle 93° for improving wiper efficiency. A holder with end cutting angle 91° can improve wiper efficiency (see the following figure), however, there is no wiper efficiency with other end cutting angles (60°, 90°, 107°etc.).
When machining errors occur, please adjust the programme.
(The DNMX , TNMX types are not based on the ISO/ANSI.)
* Necessary to maintain a correct taper.
Adjust the relief angle toward the normal line.
Note) Adjust the angle toward the normal line in the case where the adjustment number is minus (θ = 60° - 70°) and is not machined completely.
*Necessary to maintain a correct corner radius.
Adjust the work diameter same as the taper to prevent cut-over.
In correcting corner radius:
It is not necessary to adjust the machining programme, however, machining errors can occur within max.
±0.03mm due to correcting by an approximate number.
Corner Radius Correction Input the correction number of each corner radius.
Others) The value of correction is same for both DNMX and TNMX. Discriminate them by the size of corner radius.