December 15, 2015
Mitsubishi Materials Corporation, Advanced Materials & Tools Company (President - Fumio Tsurumaki, Headquarters: 1-3-2 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo) has launched ARP, a new round insert cutter series for difficult-to-cut materials.
The ARP series has the highest level of run-out accuracy among our indexable insert, screw-on type tools. This helps to increase tool life by spreading the cutting load evenly across all inserts. This accuracy is especially important when machining titanium and heat resistant alloys and stainless steels.
The ARP round insert cutter is suitable for roughing of turbine blades used in the aerospace and power generation industries.
1. Highly accurate seating realizes minimal change of run-out accuracy when indexing the inserts compared to conventional tools. The axial run-out shows a 25 % improvement.
2. A wide seating face and 2 side location faces prevent inserts from moving during cutting.
3. Special rake face on each quadrant of the insert provides a smooth chip flow for low cutting resistance.
4. Chip breakers for various applications; M breaker for general use, R breaker is a strong cutting edge type and the L breaker is a sharp cutting edge type.
5. Newly developed inserts available in CVD coated carbide grade MC7020 for stainless steel prevents thermal cracking and chipping for improved stability.
|Product name ||ARP series - round insert cutters for difficult-to-cut materials|
|Number of items ||Cutter body; 36 items, Insert; 36 items|
|Release||December 1st 2015|
|Standard price||Cutter body; 39,500-107,000 yen, Insert; 800-1,500 yen|
|Main item ||ARP5PR3204SA32M||52,500 yen||(56,700 yen including tax)|
|ARP6P-080A08AR ||79,000 yen||(85,320 yen including tax) |
|RPHT1040MOE4-M||MC7020||1,200 yen||(1,296 yen including tax)|